Susan Weiner, Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist
Training for a Healthy Life…
Susan Weiner is a Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator and Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist with a private practice in New York.
Her dual masters degree in Applied Physiology and Nutrition has afforded her the opportunity to practice as a nutritionist and exercise physiologist.
Susan has been named 2015 AADE Diabetes Educator of the Year
Susan will be an ambassador for AADE and travel to AADE Regional programs, the AADE Annual Meeting and several AADE Affiliate Coordinating Body functions to give presentations related to diabetes education. She will work with the AADE Accreditation Department to design a program that meets accreditation standards.
Susan is the author of “The Complete Diabetes Organizer: Your Guide to a Less Stressful and More Manageable Diabetes Life” Spry Publishing, 2013. This is the first “how-to” book on diabetes organization.
Distinguished Alumna Award Winner,
SUNY Oneonta, 2014
Susan is the recipient of the 2014 Distinguished Alumna Award by SUNY Oneonta, where she attended undergraduate school. This award is presented to a SUNY Oneonta graduate for significant accomplishments in his or her personal and professional life and distinguished community service.
- Susan Weiner is the diabetes medical advisor for Healthline.com
- Voted one of the Top 10 Diabetes Nutrition Education Bloggers by iVillage.com
- dLife – For Your Diabetes Life, is a wonderful and trusted educational resource for the public as well as professionals in the diabetes community.
- Food and nutrition expert and project consultant
- Contributing medical producer for dLife TV
- Member of dLife’s prestigious medical advisory board
- Answers the daily “Ask the Expert” questions for dLife.com
- Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Educator for the diabetes program for The Best Life Diet Plan, Bob Greene’s health and weight loss website
- Contributes articles and answers “Ask the Expert” diabetes questions
- Contributor to The Best Life Guide to Managing Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes (Simon & Schuster 2009); the book that launched the website
Susan works with Marjorie’s Fund, a Type 1 global diabetes initiative aimed at providing education and resources for those who are economically disadvantaged.
For many years, Susan was the lead CDE for DiabetesSisters, a not-for-profit organization that promotes diabetes education and advocacy.
Contributor, writer, panelist, teacher…
- Contributes articles for diabetes and weight management for Walgreens Diabetes & You.
- Associate Editor of “On The Cutting Edge”, a peer-reviewed publication for the Diabetes Care and Education dietetic practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Peer reviewer for My Sweet Life, Successful Women with Diabetes Published 2011 and My Sweet LIFE, Successful Men with Diabetes Published 2012 PESI healthcare
- Co-authored the “Medical Nutrition Therapy for Anemia” chapter for Krause’s Food, and the Nutrition Care Process 13th Edition. Currently co-authoring the anemia chapter for the 14th edition.
- Lecturer for professional organizations including the American College of Sports Medicine
- Official sports nutritionist for the American Diabetes Association Walk America program
- Adjunct Professor of Nutrition at Queens College in New York for over 13 years
- Taught at the Academy of Applied Personal Training Education at Hofstra University
- Featured guest on television and radio including Fox News and the “1010 wins radio winning womens’ breakfast series”
- Consultant and spokesperson for several food companies
Susan Weiner is a valued contributor to many books on a variety of nutrition topics (primarily weight management, PCOS and diabetes). She has written articles and been quoted in several publications including:
- Better Homes and Gardens
- Diabetes Health Monitor
- Fitness Magazine
- The Huffington Post
- Men’s Health
- The New York Daily News
- New York Newsday
- and Woman’s Day
Please visit Susan’s media page for highlights.
Degree and Certifications
Susan earned her Masters Degree in Applied Physiology and Nutrition from Teachers College, Columbia University in New York City. She is certified in “Adult Weight Management”, through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Professional Affiliations include:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Diabetes Association
- National Association of Eating Disorders
- New York State Dietetics Association