Susan Weiner, Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist
Training for a Healthy Life…
Susan Weiner is a Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator and Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist who has a very successful private practice in New York. Susan is the author of the upcoming book “The Complete Diabetes organizer: Your Guide to a Less Stressful and More Manageable Diabetes Life” Spry Publishing, Fall 2013. This will be the first “how-to” book on diabetes organization. Her dual masters degree in “Applied Physiology and Nutrition” has afforded her the opportunity to practice as a nutritionist and exercise physiologist.
- Voted one of the Top 10 Nutrition Education Bloggers by iVillage.com
- dLife – For Your Diabetes Life, is a wonderful and trusted educational resource for the public as well as professionals in the diabetes community.
- Contributing medical producer for dLife TV
- Member of dLife’s prestigious medical advisory board
- Answers the daily “Ask the Expert” questions for dLife.com
- Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Educator for the diabetes program for The Best Life Diet Plan, Bob Greene’s health and weight loss website
- Contributes articles and answers “Ask the Expert” diabetes questions
- Contributor to The Best Life Guide to Managing Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes (Simon & Schuster 2009); the book that launched the website
Contributor, writer, panelist, teacher…
- Contributes articles for diabetes and weight management for Walgreens
- Peer reviewer for My Sweet Life, Successful Women with Diabetes Published 2011 and My Sweet LIFE, Successful Men with Diabetes Published 2012 PESI healthcare
- Contributor to www.diabetessisters.org, a non-profit organization devoted to improving the quality of life for women who have diabetes
- Co-authored the “Medical Nutrition Therapy for Anemia” chapter for Krause’s Food, and the Nutrition Care Process 13th Edition
- Lecturer for professional organizations including the American College of Sports Medicine
- Official sports nutritionist for the American Diabetes Association Walk America program
- Adjunct Professor of Nutrition at Queens College in New York for over 13 years
- Taught at the Academy of Applied Personal Training Education at Hofstra University
- Featured guest on television and radio including Fox News and the “1010 wins radio winning womens breakfast series”
- Consultant and spokesperson for several food companies
Additionally, Susan Weiner is a valued contributor to many books on a variety of nutrition topics (primarily weight management, PCOS and diabetes). She has written articles and been quoted in several publications including Men’s Health, SHAPE, New York Newsday, Woman’s Day, Better Homes and Gardens, Fitness Magazine, Oprah.com, The Huffington Post, everydayhealth.com, Diabetes Health Monitor and the New York Daily News.
Susan earned her Masters Degree in Applied Physiology and Nutrition from Teachers College, Columbia University in New York City. She is certified in “Adult Weight Management”, through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Professional Affiliations include:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Diabetes Association
- National Association of Eating Disorders
- New York State Dietetics Association